Friday, November 30, 2007

Rock Band

Rock Band, a new game by the makers of Guitar Hero have taken it further. With Guitar Hero, you were able to simulate the chords of a song from numerous eras. In Rock Band, not only do you get to do the chords on a Guitar (a Les Paul of all guitars too!) but also a drum set, a microphone (yes you can sing too) and if you have another guitar, like a guitar hero guitar, you can add that too for a bass. With the powers of the accessories combine, you get a rock band.

This allows for a fun mixture with friends who can create their own band that plays great songs like Nirvana’s “In Bloom”, Metallica’s “Enter Sandman”, Queens of the Stone Age’s “Go With The Flow”, Foo Figthers’ “Learn to Fly”, The Hives’ “Main Offender”, Mountain’s “Mississippi Queen”, Black Sabbath’s “Paranoid”, The Strokes’ “Reptilia”, The Ramones’ “Rockaway Beach”, Weezer’s “Say It Ain’t So”, David Bowie’s “Suffragette City”, Rush’s “Tom Sawyer”, Stone Temple Pilots’ “Vasoline”, Bon Jovi’s “Wanted Dead or Alive”, The Who’s “Won’t Get Fooled Again” and plenty more!

Now, since I am a total n00b at this type of game, I played it a friends house for a couple of hours and was hooked from the start. I never really was into guitar hero since I was sick of an ex-gf who played it all of the time. With this, I was able to play all the other parts and really got into it. Plus, how could you not like the play lists in this game. This was my kind of game. Thats not to say that the Guitar Hero games didn't have good music, I just needed to get this game 1st. I may try and tackle the Guitar Hero games if I can find a game and controller for cheap. now you might ask, why get another controller if you have the one guitar.....well folks, its cause they are not compatible....thats right, they are not.

With the cost, Harmonix was lucky I purchased it. But I feel that it was well worth it. I recommend this to any good rock loving person, especially of they love the Guitar Hero line of games.

Platforms: XBox 360, Playstation 3


Site



Digg!

No comments: